1. In this Agreement the terms
(a) image includes a photograph, transparency, negative, digital scan, design, artwork, painting, montage drawing, engraving, video, or any other item which may be offered for the purposes of reproduction.
(b) reproduction includes any form of publication or copying of the whole or part of any image and whether or not altered by printing, photography, slide projection (whether or not to an audience) xerography, artist's reference, artist's illustration, layout or presentation, electronic or mechanical reproduction or storage by any other means
(c) the Client is the person or organisation to whom the invoice is addressed (whether or not the Client is acting for a third party).
2. (a) The entire copyright in the images is retained by the photographer representing Ammon Creative Pty Ltd at all times throughout the world.
(b) Ammon Creative Pty Ltd supplies the technical and artistic ability to illustrate an idea photographically, and sells the right to reproduce those images in a given context. No property or copyright in any images shall pass to the Client whether on its submission or on Ammon Creative Pty Ltd grant of reproduction rights in respect thereof.
(c) Ammon Creative Pty Ltd asserts both its moral and legal right to be identified as the author of its work.
(d) Unless otherwise agreed in writing if any image reproduced by the Client omits the copyright notice or credit line specified by Ammon Creative Pty Ltd any fee payable by the Client shall be subject to an increase specified by Ammon Creative Pty Ltd, and in any event an increase of not less than 25%
(e) Unless otherwise specified, the copyright notice should read © Ammon Creative Pty Ltd
3. (a) Reproduction rights (if and when granted) are strictly limited to the use and period of time specified on Ammon Creative Pty Ltd invoice. An agreement must be reached with Ammon Creative Pty Ltd before the images are used for a different purpose or after the licence to use has expired.
(b) Reproduction rights are not issued exclusively to the Client except when specified on the invoice.
(c) Reproduction rights granted are personal to the Client and may not be assigned, nor may any image submitted to the Client be loaned or transferred to third parties save for the purpose of the exercise by the Client of such reproduction rights.
(d) Any reproduction rights granted are by way of licence and no partial or other assignment of copyright shall be implied.
(e) Ammon Creative Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse to supply or grant a reproduction licence to a third party when requested to do so by the Client.
4. The following terms are used when describing the reproduction rights granted by Ammon Creative Pty Ltd to the Client:
(a) Internal Use: The right to use the images only within a company for non-commercial purposes; publication in a free in-house magazine not normally available to the public; exhibition within the Client's premises; editorial use in the Client's intranet site.
(b) PR and Press distribution: The right to use the images as described in 4(a); plus a licence for third parties to reproduce such images in print or electronic media in an editorial context where no fee has been paid to guarantee publication.
(c) Specified Use Only: The right to use the images once only for the purpose as described on the invoice.
(d) Editorial: One reproduction only of images supplied within one print edition of the specified title in an editorial context only.
5. (a) Once the Client has made a booking for a specific time and date, Ammon Creative Pty Ltd will not accept any other work from other clients for those times and dates for the assigned Photographer.
(b) As a result, once a booking is made, if it is subsequently cancelled, a cancellation fee will be charged to the client according to the following schedule. When a client cancels a booking within two weeks of any confirmed date, a fee of 50% of the booked time rate will be charged. When a client cancels photography within one weeks of any confirmed date, a fee of 100% of the booked time rate will be charged. In addition to this cancellation fee, the client will be charged for any expenses already incurred by Ammon Creative Pty Ltd.
6. (a) Until Ammon Creative Pty Ltd has invoiced the reproduction fee neither party is committed to grant or acquire any reproduction rights in any image. After a fee has been agreed and an invoice issued there is a firm and binding contract where by Ammon Creative Pty Ltd is committed to grant reproduction rights and the Client to acquire them. If after such invoicing but before payment the Client requests cancellation of the reproduction rights Ammon Creative Pty Ltd may in its discretion cancel subject to the Client paying a cancellation fee.
(b) The Client's right to reproduce an image arises only when Ammon Creative Pty Ltd invoice relating to the grant of such right is fully paid (including interest charges levied on late payment of the invoice or invoices). Any reproduction before payment of the invoice constitutes an infringement of rights and a breach of this Agreement entitling Ammon Creative Pty Ltd to rescind the Agreement and rendering the Client liable for the payment of damages.
(d) If payment is not made in accordance with (a) above then Ammon Creative Pty Ltd may rescind this Agreement and recover damages.
(e) Ammon Creative Pty Ltd reserves the right to suspend ongoing services, such as (but not limited to) the Downloadable Web Page or other distribution of images, once any invoice issued to a Client becomes overdue, and also reserves the right to inform the reason of this to third parties to whom this suspension of service affects.
7. Turnaround times (unless otherwise discussed): With our general workload our turnaround is 14 days up to 30 days for delivery. Weddings: minimum 8 weeks turnaround. Video projects: minimum 3 weeks turnaround.
8. On the Client's death or bankruptcy or (if the Client is a company) in the event of a Resolution, Petition or Order for winding up being made against it, or if a Receiver is appointed, Ammon Creative Pty Ltd may at any time thereafter inspect any records, accounts and books relating to the reproduction of its images to ensure that the images are being used only in accordance with the reproduction rights granted to the Client.
9. (a) Ammon Creative Pty Ltd will edit and deliver what it considers to be the best of every situation covered. As a result, raw files will only be supplied to the client in exceptional circumstances and only when those raw files have not been deleted. Ammon Creative Pty Ltd makes no undertaking to keep any files not intended for use.
(b) No addition to, deletion from or alteration to or adaptation of an image may be made without the written permission of Ammon Creative Pty Ltd.
(c) Unless a rejection fee has been agreed in advance, there is no right to reject on the basis of style, composition or editing.
10. In the case of printed publications, three copies of the relevant pages containing any image supplied are to be furnished to Ammon Creative Pty Ltd free of charge within two weeks. In other media, evidence of use must be made available if requested.
11. (a) While Ammon Creative Pty Ltd takes all reasonable care in the performance of this agreement generally, it shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Client of by any third party arising from use or reproduction of any image or its caption.
(b) The Client agrees to indemnify Ammon Creative Pty Ltd in respect of any claims or damages or any costs arising in any manner from the reproduction without proper reproduction rights of any image supplied to the Client by Ammon Creative Pty Ltd.
(c) It is the Client who must satisfy himself that all necessary rights, model releases or consents which may be required for reproduction, are obtained and it is acknowledged that Ammon Creative Pty Ltd gives no warranty or undertaking that any such rights, model releases or consents have or will be obtained whether in relation to the use of names, people, trademarks, registered or copyright designs or works of art depicted in any image. In the event that the image issued or reproduced by or with the authority of the Client then the Client shall indemnify Ammon Creative Pty Ltd against any loss or damage, proceedings or costs where such rights, releases or consents have not been obtained.
12. (a) This Agreement shall be subject to and constructed according to the law in Victoria, Australia and the parties agree to accept the exclusive direction of Victorian Courts.
(b) No variation of terms and conditions set out herein shall be effective unless agreed in writing by both parties.